Blogs > Millennial Traveler

New and traditional ways of exploring the globe, and your own backyard.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Resort Revelry


Staying at the Blue Water on the Ocean, one of Red Jacket Resorts locations on Cape Cod, was my first experience at such a resort lodging.
I've stayed at hostels, at motels, at hotels, with foreign host families, slept on the decks of ships, napped on planes, and suffered a bit of insomnia on one 23-hour bus ride in Eurasia. And, of these, I think my favorite was probably this beach side resort in South Yarmouth.
The price was very reasonable (with taxes, about $150 a night), especially since we went in mid-September and I've heard the tourist season for Cape Cod is allegedly lasting until October now instead of the traditional Labor Day.
The facility included an indoor pool with jacuzzi, an oceanview outdoor pool, a large deck with tables and chairs, a lounge, an arcade (for those big and little kids out there) and access to their private sandy beach. Our room was large, clean, and came with a fridge. I was pleasantly-almost-surprised that it did not smell - since some of the reviews I had read said the place was about as classy as an overpriced motel.
But, honestly, it was everything I could have hoped for.
Even making the reservation was easy. I called their 1-800-CAPECOD number and a live person answered the phone and found an appropriate room (since most of the rooms have double beds, but I wanted a queen or king).
I wanted to share the info in case there were any people out there looking for one last ocean holiday!
http://www.redjacketresorts.com/blue_water_resort/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home