Blogs > Millennial Traveler

New and traditional ways of exploring the globe, and your own backyard.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mountain Roads are Calling


While driving through some of the back roads of Rensselaer County, I realized something…I really miss mountain road driving.

I’m probably a weirdo, but I love the twists and turns of driving on a mountain. It’s probably not quite as fun as when you’re in the passenger seat (due to the large possibility of getting car sickness and all) but when you’re behind the wheel it is so much fun, especially if you’re in the right kind of car.

I was coming back from a maple syrup sugar house in Berlin on Plank Road when I had this epiphany. I thought the people in Berlin were being kinda funny when they said the establishment was on a mountain, but they were right.

I can’t wait to make my first hiking trip to the Adirondacks for some spring hiking. I think I enjoy the driving just about as much as the hiking.

Maybe some day I will finally tempt the inevitable and hit a deer, or get in a bad winter car accident out in the the boonies on a mountain. But, until then, I love being at the top of the world in the middle of absolutely nowhere.

My second favorite type of driving? That’d be onthe rolling hills of Rensselaer County, especially along Route 351.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home