Blogs > Millennial Traveler

New and traditional ways of exploring the globe, and your own backyard.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Last chance to be in "The Place Beyond the Pines"



If I weren't already taking off Thursday and Friday this week (yes, I'm taking two days off after already taking 8 work days off for my trip), I would be very interested in doing this.



The crew for the movie being filmed in Schenectady and Scotia is doing a big scene Wednesday on the steps of the Schenectady City Hall. They need like 500 extras and this could be your chance to be in the movie.


Here's what my friend sent me:


"This is your last chance to be an extra in this major motion picture. On Wednesday September 21st theywill be filming a rally on the steps of Schenectady City Hall celebrating Bradley Cooper’s (his character actually) election victory. It is the final big scene being filmed and they want a huge turnout. They are looking for hundreds of adults to participate. Judging by the response they received in their request for extras for the High School scenes, these 500 slots will fill up very fast. It is likely to be a full day of filming so plan on being there for the entire day.

If you are interested, please send an email to: pinesextras@gmail.com with the subject line “Wednesday Shoot – Rally” In your email please put your name, age, phone number, and email address. And if you are interested, do it right away! I expect the demand for these spots tobe intense. The casting staff will respond in an email on Tuesday letting you know when and where to report, as well as what to wear.

In particular they are looking for adults of all ages from the business and professional community."


I, personally, have to laugh at the email address. It almost looks like they need people for a completely different type of movie....anyway....my editor said I could do it and take the day off but I'd have to write about it and do video - which doesn't actually sound like taking the day off.


There are a lot of local connections with this movie aside from the location - a friend of mine said her twins were in the final running to be Cooper's sons and other friends have worked behind the scenes. It's been a great shot in the arm, economically, for the area.

So, since I can't, I hope you can experience this for me...and maybe write me about it--especially about working with Bradley Cooper. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home