Blogs > Millennial Traveler

New and traditional ways of exploring the globe, and your own backyard.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Pokemon Tournament in Watervliet Saturday



So, blogging about Pokemon - especially a Pokemon tournament - is veeerrry new to me. But, I thought it was newsworthy and I thought maybe, possibly, some folks around here might be as nerdy as some of my friends and also go to these tournaments.



Along with good friends who - even in their 30s - continue to play the game, I also grew up with my little brother who knew all 200 some odd Pokemon before he knew his times tables.



For the record, I don't hate the players or the game...I just think it's stupid. And the cartoon was stupid too though had a really catchy theme song.



But....just in case you don't think it's stupid, in case you thing it's really cool actually, there is the Play!Pokemon City Championships Saturday, Jan. 7 at Science and Hobby. There will be one on one battles for the Pokemon City Champion title, and championship points.



The battles will be divided into different age brackets with a junior (born 2001 or later), senior (born 2000-1997) and masters division (1996 or earlier).



More information can be found here.



Gotta catch 'em all.....right?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home