Blogs > Millennial Traveler

New and traditional ways of exploring the globe, and your own backyard.

Friday, December 7, 2012

Event about the country of Turkey

If I haven't stressed it enough in my blogs, I.love.Turkey. The food and the country. It's one of my favorite places I've visited, possibly because it was the first really different place I ever visited.

But I also love how the International Center of the Capital Region is trying to help us learn more about this culture which is trapped in the middle of Western civilization and the Middle East.


Here are the details of the upcoming Turkey reception:

Albany – On Tuesday, December 11th, the International Center of the Capital Region is hosting its annual volunteer recognition reception at the Albany Visitors’ Center, 25 Quackenbush Square in downtown Albany. The event is free and open to the public and will run from 5:30 to 8:30 pm. As part of the evening’s program, three area educators will present on their experience this past summer when they spent two-weeks in Turkey exploring the country, its culture, history and cuisine. This program was made possible through a grant from the Turkish Cultural Foundation in Washington DC.  For further information on the event or to make a reservation please call the International Center at (518) 708-7608.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home