Blogs > Millennial Traveler

New and traditional ways of exploring the globe, and your own backyard.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

It's Official: Almost time for my first cruise

I got approval for time off for my 10-day vacation today!
I think that means it's official that I'll be going to Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and the Dominican Republic. Though, honestly, if it hadn't been approved I probably would have taken the time off without pay since I booked the cruise a month ago - on my 30th bday (which reminds me, I have to change my blogger description on this since I think it still describes me as a 20-something).
I finally asked for the time off last week after booking the train tickets to NYC - since my dad and I will be leaving from a port there.
I guess all this means for the next three weeks I'll be thinking about what to do while on board the Norwegian Gem from Tuesday, Feb. 5 through Thurs. Feb. 14.

One thing I just noticed was that we'll be on the ship making our way back to NYC on Mardi Gras...I wonder what that will be like on ship with 2,400 passengers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home