Blogs > Millennial Traveler

New and traditional ways of exploring the globe, and your own backyard.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The New York Times' 46 Places to Travel to in 2013

Not sure where they came up with the number 46, but overall I like the list which includes travel staples like Paris, Ireland and Thailand, along with explaining new and upcoming trends like beer tours in Lithuania. And, with the 2016 Olympics planned for Rio, NYT folks think it better to go now than in three years.
Our very own Adirondacks in NY made the list. Though, I'd never heard of the "glam" camping ("glamping"?) place they mention: Camp Orenda. It's $155/person per night and includes camping in a tent with a queensize bed, campfire meals and activities for adults and kids.
For that price, I think I'd rather camp at my alma mater's Canaras which is an ADK great camp near Saranac Lake.
Getting back to the list, though, I am excited I'll be going to one of the recommended locations next month: Puerto Rico. Though, the description talks more about Puerto Rico's new hotels than actual sights.



For the complete New York Times article: go here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home