Blogs > Millennial Traveler

New and traditional ways of exploring the globe, and your own backyard.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Getting Closer to the Equator

As I continue to suffer through my post-cruise blues - as my co-worker aptly names the condition - I figured I'd pretend I was at St. Maarten again, at 18-degrees latitude in the Caribbean.

Then I started wondering if that was the furthest south I had ever been. So I Googled Abu Simbel, Egypt to find out since before this trip that was the closest to the equator I had been, not far from the Sudan border.
But Phillipsburg, St. Maarten now holds that title. And I definitely wouldn't mind going back, swimming in the warm/clear water and sailing on the Mirabella catamaran again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home