Blogs > Millennial Traveler

New and traditional ways of exploring the globe, and your own backyard.

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Please Allow Me to Re-Introduce Myself...

Yes, I have a travel blog and, yes, I'm a reporter. But there is a heck of a lot more to me - or to anyone else - than what's on the surface. So, I figured I would put together a Top 25 things that make me tick. 

Also, who doesn't love a fun list?

#1 I grew up in Troy, NY and actually really enjoy the word Troylette (notice the feminine spelling)





#2 I may be a bit too overly obsessed with: my alma mater SLU (yes, that's a photo of a flag cape), Spider Man, and my hometown.





#3 I tend to drive fast and when I do strands of my hair twirl around and make my head look like a helicopter (ask my bf, it's kinda amusing especially with heavy music playing)

#4 My car is a mess. Always has been. Always will be.



#5 Because my car is a mess - I sometimes get to play "What's in Danielle's Car" on Facebook which is actually a lot of fun.

#6 We may have covered this but I collect art postcards, and postcards in general.

#7 I lasted - somehow - until the spring of this year without a smart phone. I'd like to think I'm not addicted to it now, but I may be lying.

#8 I'm pretty much always late but I'm slowly getting better at that.

#9 I'm a cat person. I like dogs but....just not as much as cats.

#10 I love swimming...



#11..And hiking.



#12 I enjoy charity fundraising and event organizing.



#13 I'm a huge daddy's girl, but my mom's pretty cool too. And the rest of my fam ain't bad either.



#14 I may be starting to outgrow my adrenaline rush-seeking lifestyle. In lieu of skydiving, I'm thinking more along the lines of Zorbing.



#15 That said, I still have a hard time saying no.

#16 I have been in a lot of weddings.



#17        A LOT

OF

                                                                                                                            WEDDINGS.


#18 I'm kinda nerdy.

#19 I have been jello wrestling. But I'm not posting a photo. :-P

#20 My hair sheds. A ton. But I somehow still have really thick hair.

#21 I enjoy random references (thus the headline)



#22 Bacon. I don't understand the obsession with bacon. I like it but not nearly on the same level as most of the population.



#23 Little known secret: despite joking about the contrary, I actually don't hate babies. Unless they're smelly. Or crying. Or at a midnight premiere of a movie while crying and smelly - but, in those cases, it's more that I hate the parents than the baby.



#24 Most obvious secret ever: I like writing. I like it a lot. I've been at The Record eight years this month, I've had a blog for over three years, and I'm now discovering the worlds of novels and screenplays. It's not easy - especially for a procrastinator like myself - but it's always worth it.

#25 I enjoy people. Not all of the time, but most of the time. This is probably the case for a lot of you, but I especially enjoy the little nuances and quirks of people. And now you know all - or at least most - of my quirks.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Happy anniversary! We have to catch up and compare notes about world travel again!

October 3, 2013 at 6:04 PM 
Blogger Danielle Sanzone said...

Definitely! I have a feeling we're both probably good for Indian food for a little while....how about sushi next?

October 3, 2013 at 10:25 PM 
Blogger Donna Bell said...

You are so hysterical! I love reading your writing -- and don't procrastinate, get busy on those screenplays and novels.

October 4, 2013 at 9:46 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home