Blogs > Millennial Traveler

New and traditional ways of exploring the globe, and your own backyard.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Cruise Around the World

If you have 180 days and about $45,000 to spare, this might be the perfect trip for you: Oceania Cruises is offering a trans-Atlantic cruise around the world that starts in Miami and stops in 50 countries.

Sounds cool, right? And, honestly, the price is not bad at all considering what you'll be doing and where you'll be going.

I've seen 10-day trips go for $5,000 or more. This is 18 times as long and only 9 times the price. Um, I'm no mathematician but - if I had an extra $50,000 - I would so do this because it really does seem worth it.



When I saw it was "trans-Atlantic", I thought maybe they got the 50+ countries number by visiting a lot of European countries (which I'm not as interested in seeing since I've been to many already). And it does visit it's fair share of European ports - Oslo, Barcelona, Bergen, Amsterdam, Lisbon (which I still need to visit), Rome, Pisa, Bordeaux,etc. But there are some pretty exotic and unique ports of call as well - Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Mumbai, Phuket, Singapore, Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Hong Kong, Manila, Cape Town....until they eventually end up coming back via Curacao, Key West and drop anchor for the last time - after 180 days - in Miami.

Prices range from $45,000 to $120,000, for a (pretty awesome, I would hope) suite.

This cruise is from July 8, 2015 to January 4, 2016 on the Oceania Insignia.

You can find more information on the cruise here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home