Blogs > Millennial Traveler

New and traditional ways of exploring the globe, and your own backyard.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Another one goes to the big Twinkie in the Sky

Is it just me, or have there been a lot of celebrity deaths? No, scratch that, *talented* celebrity deaths.

Philip Seymour Hoffman was still in his acting prime. He was only in his mid-40s and had already made a huge name for himself. One of his first acting roles was right in Troy with Scent of a Woman and he was originally from Fairport, NY - just a few hours away.

We all will probably remember the day Shirley Temple died (like, actually died - since I thought she was already deceased). That day, Feb. 10, I heard "On the Good Ship Lollipop" about a hundred times. But, for me, it actually didn't get old.

(photo from IMDB of Ramis)

And, now, Harold Ramis. At 69, he was not a spring chicken anymore but it was hard to think of him as elderly given his youthful roles, writing, and directing. Ghostbusters, Caddyshack, Animal House, Groundshog Day, Analyze This, Meatballs, Stripes....the list goes on.

I'm not a huge movie buff but I know what I like - and I loved the work of each of these individuals.

RIP.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home