Blogs > Millennial Traveler

New and traditional ways of exploring the globe, and your own backyard.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

South Troy Pool

I did end up taking advantage of the free adult evening swim in Troy as I had posted earlier. I went last night to the South Troy Pool.

And ever since I posted about it on Facebook, the main question has been --- where on earth is the South Troy Pool?! (well, I'm paraphrasing)

I have to admit, until yesterday, I had never been to the pool and had only known that it existed due to prior news items that I had covered. It's not really noticeable from the main drags through South Troy. You just barely see parts of the pool's water slides when driving by on Route 4 - and that's if you know what you're looking for.


The pool is located near the intersection of 4th and Tyler streets, as indicated on this city site. You'll see a yellow pedestrian crossing sign in the road and you'll turn up a hill. At this point, you'll immediately see the red/blue/yellow water slides and a chain link fence, then you'll be in the facility's parking lot.

If you're going during the day, it'll be $1 for adults, and children (under 16, I believe) are free. The city is also offering free evening lap swim for adults, though there are no actual lane lines. The free adult swim (not on cartoon network) is Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays through the summer. It's my understanding that it was being offered at the Knickerbacker pool in Lansingburgh but now those nights have swim lessons.

The South Troy Pool is nice for a municipal facility. The changing rooms and showers leave something to be desired but the pool is big and clean, and the slides look fun.

(a sign in the girls' changing room)

There are ongoing swim lessons in the mornings in South Troy and in the evenings in Lansingburgh. The pools have open swim hours from 1pm - 5:30pm daily, weather-permitting. The pools, I'm guessing, are usually filled with kids and teens during that time. The free adult evening swim is 6pm-8pm (M,T,Th).

When I went, I was completely alone save for three lifeguards. It was great being able to watch the sunset while doing laps.



Like I said, the bathrooms,etc are not the nicest (at all) but the pool hit the spot. And now we all know where it is.

2 Comments:

Blogger shogee said...

visitez leur site Web Bottega Veneta Dolabuy Site Web répliques de designer de haute qualité allez sur mon site YSL Dolabuy

June 6, 2022 at 4:21 AM 
Blogger Unknown said...

site here Dolabuy Bottega Veneta over at this website see see this site websites

July 1, 2022 at 10:39 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home